- July 2021
- Essentials To Up Your Coffee Game at Home
- Pick your bean: Choosing the best coffee for your gear
- Travel friendly coffee gear to invest in
- Beginner's Guide to Maintaining Your Espresso Machine
- Manual brewing methods you need to try at home
- Meet your next home coffee maker
- 10 Best Travel-Friendly Portable Coffee Makers To Buy
- Best espresso machines to upgrade your coffee bar
- 7 things to ask yourself before you buy an espresso machine
- Beginners Guide to Brew Coffee at Home
The Original Recipe of Dalgona Coffee
Posted By: Something's Brewing | Posted On:
Dalgona Coffee, the ‘pheta-hua’ coffee that has taken the world by storm, originated from South Korea. A TV reporter earlier this year in South Korea referred to the taste of whipped coffee similar to a honeycomb toffee based snack- Dalgona. The rage kicked off as TikTok video and then it is history. So Dalgona is a classic whipped coffee with in-your-kitchen ingredients.
With stricter measures in place, stepping out to cafes can be a challenge during these times for a coffee treat. Here is a drink that is tasty and easy to prepare. While we see many versions and variations of making it, here is the classic way to prepare it.
Ingredients serve 1-
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup milk chilled or heated ice cubes
- Combine instant coffee, sugar, and hot water in a mixing bowl. Mix them well. Then using a handheld mixer (stand mixer or milk frother) whisk it at high speed until the coffee mixture forms a stiff peak (2-4 mins). If you don’t have any of these tools, you can whisk it manually like about 400 times. Just kidding, a minimum of 2 and half mins.
- Add the ice cubes to a mug then pour over the milk. Scoop out the whipped coffee on top of the milk. Serve