- July 2021
- 5 Tricks to Brew Cafe like Coffee at Home
- Essentials To Up Your Coffee Game at Home
- Pick your bean: Choosing the best coffee for your gear
- Travel friendly coffee gear to invest in
- Beginner's Guide to Maintaining Your Espresso Machine
- Manual brewing methods you need to try at home
- Meet your next home coffee maker
- 10 Best Travel-Friendly Portable Coffee Makers To Buy
- Best espresso machines to upgrade your coffee bar
- 7 things to ask yourself before you buy an espresso machine
Here’s how to make quality espresso at home
Posted By: Something's Brewing | Posted On:
Do you love sipping on a delicious espresso every morning, but wish you could have that barista quality espresso at home. Brewing a quality espresso at home isn’t difficult at all. Rather, it’s great fun to experience what goes on behind the scenes at your favorite café by making delicious drinks at home.
For the best espresso coffee, follow the guide below:
What you’ll need:
- Espresso machine
- Fresh espresso roasted beans
- Digital scale
- Heat up your espresso machine and run some water through the group head.
- Add fresh coffee beans to your grinder.
- Dry wipe the inside of your portafilter with a towel to ensure no channeling occurs.
- Weigh your dose.
- Distribute your coffee, so the water can travel across ground coffee evenly.
- Now compress that bed of coffee grinds. Using a tamper, press firmly and evenly on top of your grinds to create resistance and an even structure for water to pass through.
- Flush through a few seconds of water which should collect the majority of the leftover coffee grinds from your previous coffee.
- Fix you portafilter into the espresso machine to begin extraction.
- Place a cup on a set of scales below your portafilter spouts and get ready to time your extraction.
- Get your timer ready.
- Start your extraction and hit ‘Go’ on your timer. Water will pass through your coffee, making its way into your cup.
- Watch your extraction.
- When your espresso is close to hitting the weight you were looking for, it’s time to hit the brakes!
- Now, sit back, relax and sip on your deliciously brewed espresso.