- October 2021
- August 2021
5 Tricks to Brew Cafe like Coffee at Home
Posted By: Something's Brewing | Posted On:
Do you miss getting coffee from your favourite neighbourhood bistro? Did you jump at the chance of making dalgona coffee? If you’ve answered yes to those, then you might be at the right place. These recipes and hacks will ensure you have a cafe style brew ready before your next virtual house party.
If the thought of making a cold brew at home excites you, look no further! The CoffeeSock Cold Brew filters are the best option for those who are looking for an eco-friendly, no-mess brewing method. Here’s how to use them:
- Pour coarsely ground coffee into the CoffeeSock cold brew filter. Wet the coffee ground thoroughly, seal the CoffeeSock and place it in a Mason or canning jar
- Fill the jar with cold water and allow to soak for 12-18hrs
- Remove the reusable CoffeeSock and store your Cold Brew up until 2 weeks
- Enjoy complementing 1:10 or 1:8 Cold Brew concentrate and water ratio basis your taste preference
Dalgona with a twist
This much-adored fluffy brew has made it’s way into our hearts. We’d like to introduce you to Dalgona’s fun sister, featuring cognac.
- Combine sugar, coffee and water into a large mixing bowl. Grab a hand mixer and blend until frothy, then creamy, and eventually fluffy - this should take about 3 minutes
- Add a shot of whiskey over ice, then add milk. Top your glass off with fluffy coffee and sprinkle cinnamon. Enjoy!
We like to think that the art of a good brew lies in a few things: and the base is one of them. Investing in a beginner-friendly device like a Nanopresso will ensure you can create cafe-style brews in your kitchen!
Here are some recipes for your Monday morning inspiration:
Matcha Espresso Latte
- Measure a teaspoon of matcha, add water and honey, whisking until smooth. Pour matcha into in a glass over ice
- Slowly pour 1/4 cup of almond milk (or even condensed milk, for that extra sweetness) over it
- Pull a shot using a Nanopresso on top and enjoy!
Coconut Espresso Spritzer
- Add a dash of lime flavoured seltzer into a glass
- Pull a shot of Nanopresso
- Froth coconut milk, adding it slowly over the espresso
- Garnish with lemon and coffee beans
Rose Cardamom Latte
- Add water and sugar over a small saucepan over medium heat, stir until sugar has dissolved
Let the syrup come to a simmer, add rose petals and continue to let it simmer for a few Add cardamom powder to a tablespoon of rose simple syrup, and then your Nanopresso shot. Lastly, top it over with frothy milk and enjoy!
There you have it! Easy fixes to amp up your home brews. We’ll save our favourite tip for the last: pull shots of Nanopresso over an ice cube tray, mix it up with some coconut milk and freeze! Frozen coco coffee cubes to add tropical twist to your everyday brew!